Position Title: Charge Nurse Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Department: Nursing Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Required Job Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved LPN program.
- Current and active LPN license through the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- BLS Certified.
- 1 year long term care experience.
- Previous experience in providing effective work direction.
- Demonstrated ability in providing high quality clinical care.
- Under supervision of the Nurse Manager and in collaboration with other team members, provides direct and indirect resident care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, professional standards of care, state regulations, and Mother of Mercy’s philosophy, policies and procedures. Effectively leads and coordinates direct care staff on the assigned unit.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
- Assist residents in achieving and maintaining highest functional levels.
- Maintain concise and accurate documentation.
- Provide effective and appropriate work direction to, an oversight of, direct care staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely administration of medication and treatments as ordered.
- Observe, record, and report changes in residents’ condition.
- Follow best practices and other guidelines for assigned units (e.g., infection control).
- Demonstrates effective communication with residents, families, staff, physicians, supervisors, and other departments.
- Display compassion and dependability in performing assigned tasks and duties.
- Demonstrates teamwork through positive attitude, assistance, and cooperative approach to working with residents, visitors, staff, and supervisors.
- Must also be able to meet the Environmental and Physical Demands of the job as found in the attached Statement.
Effective and satisfactory performance related to this job description includes employee compliance with laws, rules and regulations that are applicable to Mother of Mercy and to the employee. Employee is also required to conform his or her behavior with Mother of Mercy policies, practices, and this job description that may be changed from time to time at the sole discretion of Mother of Mercy.
To apply for this job email your details to SJarveis@momcampus.org